Seafood Pasta Recipe
I was on cooking duties one night a few weeks ago and I remember making this one awesome seafood pasta dish and thinking…yummo! I am going to share this with the gang! Here it is.
First of all, I started with how all my recipes start. A simple google search. This gem showed up (CLICK HERE) and with this recipe as inspiration I created my beauty!
Due to not having all of the ingredients, I improvised and modified the recipe:
- Added more garlic, chilli and herbs (mixed herbs and thyme), brussel sprouts and beans in the main dish.
- In the sauce I included honey instead of sugar and veggie stock (homemade) instead of chicken stock
- I used pasta as I love it more than rice!
Garlic (& Chilli) Seafood Pasta
Optional: Garlic Bread
- [ ] Wok (or frypan)
- [ ] Spatula
- [ ] Bowls
- [ ] Measuring Items
- [ ] Pot to cook pasta
- 600g seafood marinara mix
- 1 cm of ginger peeled cut into matchsticks
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 large carrot peeled cut into matchsticks
- 1 broccoli broken into florets
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- A handful of Beans
- 3 Brussel Sprouts chopped finely (optional)
- 3 spring onions chopped finely
- 3 tbs vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs cornflour
Choice of Pasta
500 g marinara seafood mix (or your choice of seafood, fresh prawns would work well!)
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil the water in a pot and cook pasta for time specified on the packet.
- Heat wok, then add oil and heat until oil is shimmering.
- Add 1 crushed garlic clove to the oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the seafood marinara mix (or your seafood choice) and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the seafood is almost cooked. Remove from wok and place in a bowl.
- Add a dash of oil if required to the wok and return to heat.
- Add the remaining garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 secs to 1 minute.
- Add all vegetables, except spring onions, to the wok and stir-fry for approximately 2-5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add chilli and herbs.
- Add seafood mix back into the wok with the spring onions.
- Stir sauce ingredients agin to redistribute the cornflour and add to the wok.
- Stir-fry briefly to thicken the sauce and cook seafood through.
- Serve pasta (or steamed rice!)